Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tough cookie

As my family knows, I'm a tad bit aggressive and competitive.  I love sports, even if I'm not that great at some of them.   Matt and I play in a co-ed flag football team on the weekends with a few friends.  My competitive side gets to go crazy on Saturday mornings and, as Matt says, I get a little "mouth-y". It's true.

This past weekend in our game, I received this lovely stamp of toughness:


The swelling was immediate and quite ridiculous. When I stood up from the hit, I could see my cheek right in front of my eye.  I'm just glad I didn't break my cheek bone or nose.  Matt was at a wedding so I went to his parent's house. Luckily, I have a great mother-in-law that also happens to be a nurse. She watched me to make sure I didn't have a concussion. 

Moral of the story:  A cold coke can works wonders on swelling. Ditch the ice packs or frozen peas. Trust me. Oh, and maybe stay away from contact sports.

It really doesn't hurt, but it looks like it should. The swelling is almost gone and the bruise is starting to turn crazy shades of green, yellow, purple, and pink.  

Since make up doesn't quite do the trick, I'll wear it proudly. What else can you do? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment