Between all the blogs and Pinterest, I've found some good tips and ways to practice. I'm probably most excited about stumbling across Life With My 3 Boybarians blog who hosts Sweet Shot Tuesday every week. Her goal is just to encourage people to get out there and shoot - no rules, no themes, and you don't have to be a professional.
I'm hoping this will encourage me to snap some pictures, learn more about the camera, settings, and editing along the way and someday consider myself a good photographer.
So here goes my first Sweet Shot Tuesday...
*click to enlarge
I'm sure none of you are surprised that the picture is of Nix! She's just too cute and snugly and she happens to love hanging out in this room that has the best natural light. Do you see her sticking her tongue out at me?!!
I'm looking forward to taking and posting pictures every week. It's been fun to look back through my sewing posts over the last 10 months and see how much I've learned and grown in that hobby. I hope to do the same with photography and I hope you all enjoy following along.
Linking up at...

10 comments:
This is a very sweet photo indeed. - I wouldn't mind giving your dog a pat But then I might disturb her rest. Love your use of light in this photo and how you can only see a portion of her face.
Your photo is fab, and makes me miss my own dog very much. Thank you for sharing. Happy Tuesday, Nics
Welcome...and what a shot!! Great job!
This is SOOOOO sweet! :) I love sleeping pups and it's a great shot!
I love the whole photo, the way the black of her ears contrast with her surroundings. If it wasn't for her black spots she would probably blend right in.
She is super cute. I have to resist posting oodles of pictures of my dog. My kids are all grown up now so Sam tends to be an easy subject, besides I think he is pretty stink'n cute.
Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see your future posts.
Welcome! Looks like your off to a great start. Great pet shot!
Great lighting and composition. I love his expression. It's like he is saying "mom can't you see i'm trying to take a nap here" Love it
I adore this photo! Great technically as well as subject matter! Love the Dog! ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) linked up with Sweet Shot Tuesday ^_^
Yes, this is such a great shot of your adorable dog! :)
What a cutie! I really ♥ the one eye peeking out :~) Thank you so much for the comments on my SST. I am totally self taught, or taught by wonderful people on the web like Darcy and Kent. so I know you can do it too!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment