Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sweet Shot Tuesday: Hunter & Jamie

So, it's not even Tuesday but just go with it... :)

Remember last year when I did a few photography posts on Tuesdays in my attempt to get more practice? Well, the host of Sweet Shot Tuesday had taken a month off from it during October, then the holidays kept me busy. I've still been taking pictures but I just haven't been posting them on the blog. But it's a new year and I've just decided (while writing this) that I will make my first resolution: study, learn, and practice more photography!


As many of you know by now, my brother Hunter finally proposed to Jamie and they're getting married in April!  To make the announcement to family and friends, they wanted to send out a save the date that included their picture.  Though I don't consider myself even closely comparable to professional quality, I offered to snap a few for them.  Hunter, who also enjoys photography and has a few more accessories than I do, helped me out a little too.




I refrained from posting these until their save the dates were sent out, and did some editing on them myself.  These are a few of my favorite pictures from that "session" of my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law!

 Sometimes he's a little silly.



My focus was off in this one but I like the hazy look it produced.

You might recognize this one from the "Save the Date" 

I was really enjoying playing with the light of the the golden sunset.


I can't wait for their rustic Texas wedding!!  3 more months and counting!



2 comments:

Tandamaguire said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love these shots! I'm like you, I love the opportunity to get more practice! I'm following you, and will come back to check out your coupon page soon!

Tanda
@ The Maguire House

Lori said...

These are beautiful pictures! Sunset is a fun time of day to take pictures outside.

Post a Comment