One of my last posts was Jamie's bridal shower. So much has happened since then! I'll share a few pictures and details about what we've been doing.
For starters, Matt and I went on vacation! We celebrated 2 years of marriage in Cancun. It was beautiful and relaxing. Just excuse my poor quality cell phone pictures and imagine it about 50x more beautiful.
We spent pretty much all day laying in the chairs under the straw hut on a private beach, looking out at the beautiful water, and reading. Here's the classic barefoot-beach-view for you :)
This was my first time to really swim in the ocean. I've never liked murky water. I've been to many lakes and Galveston "beach" but, to see crystal blue ocean water like this, was different. Matt grew up on the beaches of Florida so he taught me how to body surf the big waves. So much fun!
It was all inclusive so we did a lot of eating. It was a dream come true for me when I found out that the gelato was included in this deal! Unfortunately, I didn't realize they had Nutella on the breaskfast bar until the second to last day... I had to make up for all the missed days at that point :)
In other news, Matt overcame his fear of heights and went sky diving!! He's been wanting to do this for a while. We've talked about going for our birthdays but (I) always chickened out. Now that I've seen him do it. I really want to go! Actually, I was really bummed I didn't do it with him that day.
I also took a long, unintentional, break from sewing. But I got back to it so I could make some gifts for my cousins adorable baby girl. Here's what I made for sweet Aubrey.
Two cute pinafores with matching bloomer and a grey and pink fleur de lis burp cloth.
I also monogrammed 3 backpacks for a set of triplets and have been working on a few other things.
That's just a quick peek at what we've been up to. But, actually, there's more! What's been taking up most of our time and energy, deserves it's own post. So that's up next. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment