Claire: 8 months
still full of expressions
Age: 8 months (8 1/2 months as I write this)
Height: 28 inches (~ 80th percentile)
Weight: About 20 lbs (~ 80th percentile)
Milestones: She's progress quite a bit from her "inch worm crawl" that I described last month. She is still doing more of an army crawl and every once in a while it looks like the real deal. Her newest trick is going from her tummy to sitting up. She does that constantly now. She also LOVES to stand up and hold on to the furniture though she's not pulling herself up yet.
Sleep: It's hit or miss. We've had some rough nights here and there probably because of teething, being out of town and up late, and the busy mind of a learning girl. She's starting to fight sleep hard. She'd much rather play. If we co-sleep, we all sleep though the night quite nicely but we don't do that regularly.
Is it really bed time?!
Best Moment: The best moment and worst moment are probably the same. My little cousin got married last month and I was in the wedding. That required me to be away from Claire a lot - luncheon, rehearsal, prep, limo rides, ceremony, and pictures -but she survived. I really enjoyed getting papered with the bride and spending time celebrating with her but Claire wasn't really a fan of being away from me. Nonetheless, we made it though then partied at the reception. After all my bridesmaid duties and pictures, I nursed her then strapped her on my back and hit the dance floor. Claire and I did the wobble for the first time together. She was such a trooper. We had a great time with my sweet cousin and her new husband. Claire met some family members for the first time.
this is how we party
this is how we party
Don't let those baby blues fool you ;)
Health: Healthy as can be! Praise God!
Eating: She got a taste of my green smoothie the other morning and became a little obsessed. She'd nearly hyperventilate every time I took it away to take a sip myself.
healthy girl drinking her produce
healthy girl drinking her produce
She insists on feeding herself (sweet potato)
Likes: She likes hair, cell phones, jewlery, glasses, and cords. Take your eye off her for two seconds and she's found a charger cord, power plug, or something along those line. Saying she likes me is an understatement. She so stuck to me, you'd think we were physically attached. Her favorite toys are the little wind up bugs that Nanny (my mom) brought her back from Colorado. You can see them in the chalkboard picture at the top. With her being so mobile, she's getting better about entertaining herself with her toys.
Dislikes: Being away from mama.
Other Happenings:
Claire takes after her dad and loves to people-watch. So when we're out in public, she's quite content. Our play group goes swimming weekly and Claire loves to watch all the kids play. She also really enjoys splashing which she does a ton of in the tub too.
fat baby feet in flip flops - it doesn't get much cuter than that!
After baths, her hair naturally spikes itself into a mohawk. This was the best picture I could get of it.
After looking through pictures, I realize Claire hardly ever wears clothes. :/

No comments:
Post a Comment