Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Claire: 10 months



Age: 10 months
Height: 28.5 inches (50-75th percentile)
Weight: About 21 lbs ( 50-75th percentile)

Milestones: Crawling is old news. This girl wants to walk so bad. She is always pulling up on everything and walking along all the furniture. She actually prefers to push the furniture around the house. The chairs are never at the kitchen table any more. She gets under there and pushes one until it gets stuck, crawls back to the table and repeats until they've all been moved.
She's now in 12 month clothes.
She can drink from a straw and loves taking sips of my water.
She can wave 'bye-bye'... when she's in the mood.
She loves to dance anytime she hears music.
She now participates in paying peek-a-boo. It's so cute to see her chubby little hands smush against her face to cover her eyes.
She claps now too.

big girl cup!
Sleep:  She's still sticking to her earlier bed time which makes us happy.
The car seat must have developed some magic powers because she can't keep her eyes open in there! Well, I did put a drop of Roman Chamomile essential oil on the shoulder pads so that might have something to do with it.

getting comfortable in the dog bed

Best Moment:  Watching all the new things she does. It's fun to see her dance and figure out new things like the mobility of the chairs. I think my most proud moment was realizing she was really signing dog when I'd ask her "Where's Nix?" or when we would see a dog. She's actually communicating!! I know the babble and crying is communicating but the signing (and eventually words) are understandable! 

Reading a book in the dog's bed
 

Worst Moment: Two events actually come to mind:
1) We were out running errands. We had just walked out of JoAnn's and she seemed a little hungry. So we got in the car and I nursed her while we cranked up the AC and cooled off. She was eating and occasionally playing with the AC acting totally normal then out of nowhere - puking. all. over. me.  She started crying and of course my mama heart melted. She finally stopped so I cleaned her up and we started to head home. She fell asleep quickly but then started throwing up again. I panicked and was so worried she was going to somehow aspirate on it. So I'm speeding home, and coaching her to cough it out. Luckily, it only lasted about 1.5 hours and she was fine.
2) Matt went out of town so when she woke up in the middle of the night, I brought her into bed with me. We co-sleep occasionally but I was excited to snuggle with my girl since we were home alone. I lined the bed with the pillows and we both fell back asleep. She hardly moves much in bed with me and I always can feel her move but I guess with one less person in bed, we sprawled out. I woke up to her crying on the ground. Talk about feeling terrified and horrible! I scooped her up and it seemed like she was still sleeping. So we got back in bed, nursed her a little, and she went right back to sleep. Poor girl :(
"Where's Claire?"


Health:  Aside from the brief puking episode, she's been happy and healthy. And no signs of injury from her tumble.

Eating:   She likes to eat eggs, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, and puffs. She's been a little less excited about food lately and way more into nursing again. I think she might be having a growth spurt.



Likes:   To play, be out of the house, going on walks, be held. She still loves shoelaces. She always has something in her hand while she crawls around. Her new favorite spot is Nix's dog bed. She loves to climb in it with a book or toy and just lounge. She loves to play peek-a-boo and dance. And she's still obsessed with Nix... and mama. She has a lot of fun at our play dates now that she's so mobile and interacts with the other kids.

obsessed with this thing!

Dislikes: Still hates putting on shirts, getting buckled in the carseat, getting wiped off after meal time, or being fed. She wants to do that part herself. 


Other Happenings:

  Claire had a fun time celebrating Sarai's 3rd birthday. She loved watching the kids jump in the jump house. But since she was too small, she found crawling in the grass to be entertaining enough.



We're getting a little tiny taste of some fall weather here. One Sunday we grabbed some snacks, toys, and books, and headed to the park. We laid out or blanket in the grass and enjoyed being outside and relaxing. Claire loves being outdoors. She also loved watching and the people and dogs walking by.

No comments:

Post a Comment