Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome!

Thank you all who are taking time and possibly even have interest in reading this. After much debate, I have decided to start a blog. As if that was that hard part... Once I made the decision, it took another few days just to decide a title, layout and colors.  I'm far from pleased, but it will suffice for now.  

I have several reasons for wanting to start this blog.  I have been following a few blogs now that I have started couponing (yes, I believe that is a word even though spell-check disagrees with me). The money-saving blogs have led me to crafting blogs which have led me to a blog addiction. Matt doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as I do. Maybe because it means he has less time to read about sports, fantasy football, and finances. 

I also think I should thank a few people for inspiring me.  Kristen is my good friend and awesome accountability partner who introduced me to being a penny-pincher (and I say that with pride!).  She has done a great job of learning to live frugally and started me on the same path. Thanks Kristen!   Also, though she may not know it, Magen, has been such an inspiration to me. Her little sister, Amy, and I were friends when we lived in Dallas and I desperately miss the friendship and time we had together. Magen is married to a hilarious man of God, has two beautiful children, and is amazingly talented with sewing, crafting, and decorating.  Everyone should check out her website for adorable gifts at Evangeline Handmade Gifts.  

So why am I starting a blog?  Many reasons. Let me share:

1) I think it would be a better way of keeping in touch with more of my family.  Not everyone has facebook (believe it or not).  Yes, the phone is a good idea too but I can't share pictures through it, so a blog it is!   On a sidebar, for those who don't know, I finally have a Texas phone number. I've only lived here for 5 years but only recently "became a Texan" with a real license and phone number to prove it!  Please let me know if you need my new number or address.

2) Though I am an amateur myself, I have many people ask me how I save money with coupons. I thought it might be easier to just refer them here.  I would love to help people save money like Kristen helped me. The coupon thing really is addicting and I encourage everyone to do it! If you're doubting, let me just say we saved over 59% last month on our grocery shopping (that's $251).  I will eventually create a section that gives some couponing basics and links to the pages I follow for great savings. 

3) Since I am now addicted to crafting and I learned how to sew (as of yesterday), I would love to keep my family and friends updated with some fun projects I'm working on.  I hope it may inspire the crafty side in you!  

Please let me know what you think.  Any suggestions, questions, or comments? I'd love to hear from you all. 

Margaret

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay!! So glad you went for it! In time, I'm sure you'll be one of those famous bloggers that speak at conventions and talk about how to build a successful blog. And if not, you'll entertain your friends and family either way. :) I'm excited! Now let's see some of those creations of yours!

Unknown said...

Meg, I think this is a fantastic idea!!! So glad you have decided to do this!! Nana

Post a Comment