As many of you know, we have a dog named Nix. What you may not know is that she tore her ACL.
We dropped her off at 7:30 this morning for her to have surgery to repair the tear. I know she's a dog but I prayed for her as if she were a child. I prayed that she would give her some understanding and peace about what was going on. That she wouldn't feel anxious about waking up in a strange place and likely in pain. For a second, I felt silly for praying for a dog. Then I remembered that she's part of God's creation too and He probably didn't think it was silly at all.
We were told she may stay over night but just before 5pm we called to check in on her. They allowed us to pick her up! When we got there the office was noisy, mainly due to one yelping dog. I looked at Matt and said, "That's not her right? She doesn't sound like that." He confidently said, "No, that's a smaller dog." Shortly after, one of the employees chimed in, "Can you hear her?" The vet reassured us that she wasn't in pain. He had plenty of forms of pain control in place but she just hated being alone back there.
When they brought her out to us, she came waddling out... a purple bandage all down her leg, hair shaved off, and a cone color around her neck. She looked pitiful. Then, with all the excitement of seeing us, she peed on the floor. To add to the comic relief, Nix had a difficult time getting out of the two doors with that huge collar on.
We're home now. She has finally calmed down and sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment