So you all know I love saving money. I usually aim for at least 50% or more savings at the grocery store. I like it when I save more than I spend... who doesn't?! My last grocery visit was only 43% savings but I still wanted to share. I hoping to encourage those of you out there trying to get into the coupon thing. (And if your just getting started, remember to start small. 50% savings probably won't happen right away)
Matt likes to make fun of me for taking pictures of my groceries but it's just so fun to look at everything you got for so cheap. Here's what I got on my last visit.
That's 2+ lbs of round steak, a huge whole turkey, pizza, skillet meal, 4 healthy choice meals, breakfast biscuits, chex mix, an avocado, grapes, 2 huge stacks of sliced cheese, and wheat hamburger buns. That's $60.66 worth of groceries. The meat and turkey originally cost $11 each.
I paid $33.91. That's an extra $26.75 in my pocket!
What I did is use my coupons with current sales and deals. Kroger will often to deals where you buy so many participating items and you get a certain amount of money off at checkout. Or they have ten items for $10. Look for those items (that you would use) and that you have coupons for. Many times, on the 10 for $10 deals, you may have a coupon for $1 off a participating item. Then that item is free! You all know I love free!!!
Be sure to sign up for freebies and giveaways! I will try to start posting links to those so you all can enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment