Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Days & Name Blocks

One perk to working 12 hour shifts is that I only have to work 3 days a week. Lucky me, I just so happened to schedule around all the bad weather (nurses, don't get snow days). I just so happened to be off when the ice and snow rolled in last week and then it happened again this week on my days off.  But this week I'm prepared. I made it to the fabric store and Home Depot over the weekend so that I could work on some projects while stuck indoors. 

Last week I spent 2 hours trying to shovel ICE off our driveway. I'm pretty sure that's harder than shoveling snow.  It was so slick we couldn't get into our garage due to the ice covered inclined driveway. Just wanted to share a few pictures of my hard work.
That's the pile of some of the ice I removed.  Seriously, click on the picture to enlarge it and check out how thick it was! I had to beat the shovel against the ground to break it up, then shovel it to the side.  Even though it was tiring, it gave me something to do and an excuse to wear my ski pants again.
Nix was smart and decided to stay warm.


Moving on, while there was some random warm weather days I redid a hutch for my mom. Once I add the hardware I'll post some before and after pictures. I'm excited about it.

I also made something for my niece.  She's about to have a baby brother so she is letting him have her nursery and she's getting a "big girl" room.  It's pink and green. I asked if I could make something for her room and this is what I did:
I'm debating on adding ribbon to the backs so they can be hung or just leave them like this for a shelf. I think I'll let her momma decide. 

Would you like some? You can order your own at my shop.


I just finished another project this morning that I'm so excited about. It's for my Valentine who is actually not my husband! Ooooo! It's a secret for now, but I'll post pictures on Valentines Day.  (Good teaser, huh?)

In case you were wondering about our sickly home, I believe Matt and I are healthy and well now. Neither of us are sick at the moment - knock on wood!  We're actually on day 3 of Insanity workout. It's probably the hardest thing I've done in a long time (check out some clips here). Matt and I are 5 minutes into it and saying, "this is just the warm up!?!"   You are constantly moving and barely ever get a break.  We're both incredibly sore so I guess it's working! 

Ok off to do some sewing!

1 comment:

Nell said...

That is one spoiled rotten dog!!!

Post a Comment