Thursday, June 23, 2011

How things change...

I am so sorry for neglecting my blog the past few days. We have moved into our new house in a Houston suburb and haven't had our internet set up yet. Luckily, I am catching a very weak and unlocked signal from somewhere!

In my last post, we were a few days away from moving and didn't have a place to live yet. We had come to the area and looked at several houses the weekend before, found one we liked, and filled out the application. Turns out, that house wasn't available for another 3 weeks. Being homeless wasn't really what I had in mind. Matt ended up finding a house online while at work. I'm not really able to get online at work so I didn't even get to see it before we put in our application. There were only very few pictures of it online and we really had no idea what we were getting into.  We moved on Sunday and saw the house for the first time.

It's better than any house we looked at and cheaper too!  God is a provider and he hears the desires of our heart. I know to some people it may sound silly that I thank God for this spur of the moment "gamble" but I do. God provides my needs, but he also enjoys giving blessings (Luke 11:11-13, James 1:16-17).  


Over the past few days, I've been unpacking and getting things set up. While I spend hours standing at the sink and washing ever dish I own (that newspaper is great for packing but rubs off the ink so easily) I have been doing a lot of thinking. I can't believe how things have changed...

I think about how my interests have changed so much. I used to be consumed by what to wear, cute boys, and an unhealthy Hanson obsession.  Now I'm getting excited about my fancy kitchen faucet, ceiling fans, and a nice bathroom. I guess this is me growing up.

A lot of my friends and family have been wanting to see pictures so here they go:

Here's the house! Isn't it cute?! And what pretty landscaping!

There's even a hibiscus plant! Let's hope I don't kill it. But there is a sprinkler system so that should help.
Our last house had ugly bushes, no plants, and a plethora of weeds instead of grass. When Nix would run in the back yard, she would have a dust cloud behind her. Matt tried so hard to fix that yard by pulling weeds, watering, and putting down fertilizer.

Look at this lush grass we have now! (See, I told you things are changing.. who would of thought I would get excited about good grass?!) Oh! We even have a large covered back patio! Big bonus!!
 Take a look at this fancy sink and notice the tile back splash. It's the little details in the house that make it so much better than the last one.


The whole house has really tall (I guess 12 foot) ceilings. There are ceiling fans and kitchen cabinets that are so tall, I had to buy a step ladder!


There's also a gas stove. A huge upgrade from the last house that had the most cheap and basic stove I've ever seen. There wasn't even a window on the front of the oven at the last house. How was I supposed to check on my baking without letting all the heat escape by opening it?!  I've never used a gas stove but I've always hear you will never want to go back. We shall see.

Our last "master bathroom" was basically a hallway, with a tub, a medicine cabinet, one sink, and a shower. There was NO storage, you had to close the door to stand in front of the tiny mirror or get to the sink or shower. The shower was small enough to be considered a coffin and I you bumped the wall (which was guaranteed to happen) the shower door would pop open.   I am beyond excited about this new bathroom with TWO sinks, storage, a big enough mirror that is actually functional, and a window!!!

I even have enough storage room in the bathroom to have a whole drawer dedicated to our bathroom stockpile. With couponing, I can't pass up free or dirt cheap bathroom supplies. You will always need deodorant, tooth paste, shampoo/conditioner and all the other goodies. Here's a look.


I will stop there with pictures because every other spot of the house cluttered with boxes.  I better be careful, I'm starting to like this unemployed house wife thing.  Unfortunately, I will have to go back to work once I find a job. I have applied for 3 jobs so far but haven't gotten much else done because we don't have a  consistent internet connection.  I don't mind taking my time though :)

Well, I have a lot of cleaning, unpacking and decorating left to do so I better run. I can't wait to finish because, in this house, I have a Craft Room. A whole room dedicated to my sewing and crafting!! I'll post some pictures when that's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment