Friday, June 24, 2011

In our backyard

**There is really no substance to this post. Just an opportunity to share some pictures I took this morning. Click on the picture to enlarge

Nix and I have been enjoying our new backyard. Matt loves it too but he's been working since we got here. He will get a chance to enjoy it this weekend by cutting it.

Our last backyard was basically all weeds, as I've mentioned before.  Here's the proof:
To clarify, we were incredibly thankful and blessed by renting that house for the first year of our marriage (despite my not so positive comments in the last post). We had a lot of fun there and it was a great location. It was our first house together and it served it purpose. We learned a lot about what we like and don't like in a house and it makes us appreciate this new one so much more.

So returning to the new backyard...

Nix is starting to get comfortable here. The grass is lovely and it actually grows things other than weeds!! We finally got some rain down here and a few things have popped up.
I attempted to take a picture of this pretty white flower without actually getting down that low and looking through the lens. My focus was off and this is what it captured. I like it. Just look at that cute girl!

Now here's the flower in focus.

And a few others


One of my million interests is photography. I would love to one day be good at it but it will take practice so just bare with me while I learn and grow.  Also, excuse blogger since it washes out the pictures every time I upload them. I promise, the colors are way more vibrant on my computer until I upload them here. Anyone know how to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment