Friday, October 14, 2011

Baby Blankets

The same friend that ordered the big sis/lil sis shirts wanted a baby blanket for her new baby.  She had been searching for one but couldn't find just want she wanted.  The only instructions she gave me was that she wanted the name on the blanket and wanted it to be big.  She also said she liked the patchwork look of quilts.  After talking a little more about the design and the idea I was going with, she decided she wanted two! One for each of her girls.

I've been wanting to make a baby blanket for a while now but I never had anyone to make it for.  I love it when people ask me to make things because I've most likely been waiting around for the chance!  These came together so quickly, I'm sure I'll be making more. 



These blankets are 36" x 36".  The front is all cotton fabrics with big block letters for the name.  The back is super soft and cuddly minky fabric.  This blanket is light-weight but will still keep the little ones warm.  Just what we need for the southern "winter."  It's perfect size for the car seat, stroller, or crib.

This blanket is so soft I might even have to make one for myself!  Don't be surprised if you see me out and about with my very own baby blanket. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment