Monday, October 3, 2011

Photoberfest Week 1: Food

Looks like October will be full of photography lessons for me! Along with my own studying, reading, and practice, there are TWO blogs I will be looking to this month.
  • Life With My Three Boybarians - This is the blog I recently started linking up with on Sweet Shot Tuesdays (you can see my first two entries here and here). This month, Sweet Shot Tuesdays are on a little hiatus as Darcy covers 31 Days of Photo Tips.  Last year, she shared 31 Days To a Better Photo.   There will still be some photos I'll post using the tips I learn over the next 31 days. 
  • Katie Evans Photography Blog - So glad I found this blog. Katie is a professional photographer who shares what she knows! How generous of her.  I've already learned how to make my black & white pictures look way better. This month shes hosting Photoberfest.  Each week she will share some tips and have a theme.  The photos will be entered into a contest and the one with the most votes each week wins a prize.  I would love, love, love, to win her book so feel free to go vote fore me! :)


Now... Let Photoberfest Begin!

This weeks theme is food. Turns out that's one of the first things I photographed.  Being in Louisiana during Christmas means lots of good food. As I'm walking around taking pictures of nearly everything with my new camera, chances are high that I'll end up with some food pictures. Almost a year later, not much has changed. Here's some of my favorite food pictures I've snapped over the past 9 months.

Crawfish pie in the making

Ok so maybe it's not an impressive or artistic photo but because it's Meche's birthday donuts, I think it's beautiful! ;) 

 birthday treats for a co-worker

cutting celery - while I don't enjoy the smell or taste, at least it can look pretty

Thank you to Katie Evans for tips on taking pictures of food. I'm looking forward to using this when I try out some new recipes and post them here.

Don't forget to go vote for me! Just click on the link, find my pictures (either the celery or cupcake & cookies) and "like" it on Pinterest.


2 comments:

Tiffany Dawn said...

I realy like your Celery picture. Very creative angle, good composition! Excellent Shot!

:)
Love you!! - wifey!

Unknown said...

I am very hungry now :o). Thank you for sharing your photos!

I wanted to let you know that I showcased your photo on Tones on Tuesday this week. Thanks again for linking up!

Post a Comment