Friday, November 2, 2012

36 weeks

36 weeks

How far along? 36 weeks! 
 
Total weight gain: 25 lbs. I'm sure the Halloween candy and upcoming holidays won't help though :(

 Maternity clothes? Still avoiding them. I pulled out our fall and winter clothes yesterday and found that grey and white striped cardigan! I hated it after I bought it but I like it better with the bump.

Stretch marks? None... and hoping it stays that way.

Best moment this week: The rocking chair and ottoman came in and are now set up in the room. We love it! Also had a great appointment and toured the hospital.

Miss anything: Just things like being able to bend down normally to pick things up/do my toes/tie my shoes, turning over in my sleep easily, and being more mobile.

Movement: All the time. She's rolling around as I type this.

  Food cravings: Nothing specific.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, really haven't had that probably at all.

Symptoms: A few contractions. Last week I had some serious heart burn one day. It woke me up from my sleep and I had to sleep sitting up in the recliner the rest of the night. The heartburn was so unpleasant that I've hesitated to eat much for fear that I'd trigger it again. I'm running out of room in there anyway and I don't seem to be as hungry as often as I used to be. Don't worry, I'm still eating, just not always full meals all at once.

  Gender: Girl... I think. Yeah, we're on that undecided kick again! Last week, Matt's sister mentioned that she still has a feeling it's a boy. Then when I was telling my mom that, she said, "I had that thought today too. You're just carrying like it's a boy." Then that triggered me to thinking about my appointment and how the midwife kept accidentally saying "he" when referring to the baby. We don't have a preference either way. It'll just be a surprise because we've been preparing for a girl!

Labor Signs: None yet. A few contractions but nothing consistent. They haven't started checking dilation or effacement yet so nothing to report there.
  Belly Button in or out? In... barely. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I do feel like the hormones have kicked up a notch because I'm more emotional. I cried about some song on the radio the other day. Click here, listen and tell me it's not a tear jerker! I also have to hold back tears at every delivery I attend at work.. but I had that problem before pregnancy too. :)

Preparation:  I'm planning to do all her laundry today and finish packing the bags. We installed the car seat and bases last weekend. I still have yet to make her crib bedding but hopefully soon. I'd love to have it all done before she comes but I plan on her sleeping in a bassinet in our room for the first few weeks anyway. That gives me a little extra time.

Looking forward to: Meeting this baby (and finally finding out for sure if it's a boy or girl)

Midwife report: Last appointment, you may remember, I was measuring 1.5 weeks ahead. This week I'm right back on track. I'm 36 weeks and measuring 35.5 cm -36 cm. My midwife said everything looks perfect. Weight gain, blood pressure, measurements - all right on track! I'm pretty sure the baby is positioned LOA (for my medical family and friends out there. For all others: LOA is said to be the optimal position for the baby to be in for labor.)  Heart rate in the 140s.

Hosptial Tour:
After the appointment, I did my hospital preregistration and then went on a tour of the hospital. Since my mom works really close, I asked her to go with me. I know nurses joke that hospitals aren't hotels but... they kinda set themselves up at this one. The rooms are nice size, all with great windows. The bathrooms are huge and have spa-like showers with water sprayers mounted in the walls. It's way better than our bathroom at home! The mattresses are tempurpedic and there's an iHome docking station in every room. I made sure to scope out Matt's sleeping arrangements too.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep on a rock with a marching band in the room after delivery (when the baby isn't needing my attention) but it sure is nice to be comfortable!


The appointments are every week from now on and that means more updates. I'm still working full time and don't have plans to stop until this baby arrives!



What do you think?
1) Anyone else have a gut feeling it's a boy?
2) When do you think she (or he) will arrive? (early/late/specific date)
3) How much do you think the baby will weigh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. ABSOLUTELY NOT! I have known in my heart with out a doubt - she is a girl :) And soon to be our Claire-bear!
2. If she is your daughter (and we know she is) I think the thought of the great food and fun times we will have over Thanksgiving might entice her to come early a day early to dig in (so she wont miss anything)! So my vote is November 24th - I will bring the mashed potatoes and gravy to the hospital - no worries <3
3. I am thinking 8 lbs 9 ozs

Post a Comment