picture taken at 27 weeks
How big is baby? The size of a cucumber. Still measuring right on track.
Total Weght gain/loss: Umm.. I may have to start eliminating this question. Up 20 lbs which the midwives say is normal. Being a work makes me feel so much better about this though. Apparently, scrubs are pretty forgiving. I wear maternity scrubs and my patient's often ask me IF I'm pregnant. I find that amusing. The next question is always "When are you due?" or "How far a long are you?" and when I tell them I usually get the response: "Really? You're so tiny!" Then my confidence goes soaring and I feel so much better. :) This is the heaviest/biggest I've ever been and it's the ONLY time in my life that people have referred to me as "tiny." Then, there's times, like last night, when we went to dinner with friends and I felt like a huge circus tent. I'm not a fan of maternity clothes. Especially the jeans. Which is why I've gone back to wearing my regular jeans and just use ponytail holders to loop them together.
Sleep: Still no issues with that. I've always been really good at sleeping! I do wake up pretty much every night to go to the bathroom but it's right back to sleep after that. I'm incredibly happy to have my new job on day shift. I'm getting much better and consistent sleep than when I was working night shift.
Speaking of sleep, Matt has had another very vivid dream that we had the baby, it was a boy, and we were all so shocked! He said it was so strangely real feeling. I guess those tightly crossed legs on the ultrasound could have been hiding something. Now, we're looking into paying a visit to a place that does 3d/4d ultrasounds and trying to get another look. Either way, I'm just excited for another opportunity to see our baby!! I still refer to her as "she" but Matt is back to calling her "the baby" just in case.
Movement: All. The. Time! Holy cow, this girl must think she can kick her way out! If I lean forward or intrude on her space at all, she lets me know! Her head is down and she always hangs out on my right side. She really enjoys kicking my ribs. Some times she kicks so hard it makes me jump. I love watching her move all around now that it's visible from the outside.
Symptoms: None really. I had what I think is heart burn once but it hasn't happened again. Other than feeling like I'm going to squish all my dinner back up when I try to shave my legs, I'm feeling pretty great.
Food Cravings: Sweets! M&M or chocolate chip cookies and ice cream sound good to me all the time. It's probably not totally pregnancy related but I'll use her as an excuse while I can. My midwife says craving sweets is usually the body wanting more protein. I've been trying to take that advice and incorporate more protein into meals and snacks.
What I Miss: Still the clothes issue. I miss having more than 4 shirts to choose from. I'd love to wear cute clothes but I'm just not much into shopping or knowing how to put cute outfits together. Thank goodness my job requires me to wear scrubs to work.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our baby! It's getting so close and I just can't wait to hold her. But before that, I'm looking forward to setting up a nursery... which I still have yet to do! :/
Prep for baby: She has a crib on the way! I'm still undecided about colors for the nursery though. Her crib is white and the walls are slightly tan-ish. We aren't painting. I did go shopping around for rocking chairs. I've got my eye on this one, minus the pillow.
If anyone wants to chime in with some votes or suggestions, please do! Check out my nursery inspiration board on pinterest to see what styles I'm liking. I wish I wasn't so indecisive!
-2.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment