With the help of my overwhelming nesting instinct, a joy for constructing (like my dad), and some organization, I pulled it off!
We have a coast closet in the entry and, let's be honest, we don't need coats in south Texas. We were using it to store workout equipment. We easily moved that out of the way and I had an empty slate.
Warning: all of these pictures are grainy iPhone pictures. Sorry.
So tiny! At this point I was really wondering how this was going to work. But I took my measurements, used some tips from this tutorial and my dad, and headed to Home Depot. They cut all the wood to size for me. It's supposed to be $1/cut after the first 2 cuts but because I waited so patiently and someone cut in front of me, the man gave me a deal - free cuts! :)
Me and my 8 month pregnant self got to work building shelves. I only had Matt hold up some pieces when I needed an extra hand but for the most part I was able to do it all myself. He didn't mind helping since he still had a view of the football game on TV. :)
Shelves were in and now it was time to organize!
I had 2 huge boxes of fabric that I condensed by making mini bolts. I've seen people all over pinterest doing it using comic book backing boards. They're cheap and it worked great. Then, to store the rest of the supplies, I went to Michael's, combined coupons and sale items and saved a ton!
Yay!! It all fits. Now that everything is organized again, I can get back to sewing. The old craft & sewing room is now completely empty and ready to be transformed into a nursery. We picked up the crib and set up it last night so it's time to make Claire's bedding!!
After finishing the closet, I proceeded to clean the entire house: 3 loads of laundry, swept, vacuumed, dusted, mopped, dishes, you name it. Matt finally made me stop and go to bed. This nesting instinct sure is helpful though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment