The dress she had in mind is the red polka dot one from Stand Up & Cheer.
Well finding a vintage pattern like this was too much of a challenge and I gave up quickly. I had to mix and match patterns and adjust them. There were many firsts with this project: I sewed puff sleeves, scalloped edges, a petticoat (of sorts), and sequins for the first time. Did you know you can sequins with your sewing machine? Maybe that's old news to some people but I just assumed you couldn't run that through the machine. It worked like a charm and made things go so much quicker.
Want to see my version of the dress? Here it is:
Ok, I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I can't fit into this and wear it for Halloween. I really enjoyed making this and loved admiring it even more.
What's even better is that my new sewing/embroidery machine came in the mail this week! I was so excited to open it but I made myself finish this dress before I started messing with my new machine. This week I'll be learning the new machine, trying out some embroidery, and whipping up some new items.
I'm entering this photo into week 4 of Photoberfest since the theme is Halloween. GO HERE and "like" my picture of this dress so I can win! :)
I'm also entering this project into a contest called "So You Think You Can Sew" hosted by Mommy by day...Crafter by night!
7 comments:
LOVE! Maybe I need to get started making one for next year for my daughter! ;) ADORABLE!
LOVE IT!!
How much would this cost to make me one like this for my daughter she is gunna be Shirley temple for Halloween I want this same one to :)
I've received many emails concerning this dress. Thank you all for your compliments. I'm in love with this dress too! :)
This was a custom order for a co-worker who dressed her little girl as Shirley Temple for Halloween. So at this moment, it is one of a kind.
With so much interest, I've considered making more. It was kind of expensive to make and time consuming. I can't remember the cost exactly. If you are interested in placing a custom order, send me an email and we can talk details. I will have to re-price all the materials.
**It would be cheaper (by saving me time and money) if you already own a petticoat. However, in that case, I couldn't guarantee the lengths of the dress and petticoat would match up.
Hi I just came across this absolutely beautiful cheerful dress,how I wish I knew how to be this crafty, it must be such a joy ,I was wondering if you were still taking orders ,I would live to have this adorable dress for my little girl .
I have been searching high and low for an authentic looking Shirley Temple dress for my 2 1/2 year old for Halloween. I wish I could make a dress like this. I don't even need the wig as she has the head full of tight curls already!
Hello!!@ I'd really love to purchase a dress for my daughter from you for halloween! Like the one pictured!!
Post a Comment