Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tell me what to make next

Even though their stuff is cute, I get worn out seeing the same thing over and over at Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann's, and Hancock Fabrics. I wanted some different fabrics that not everyone had. However, that comes with a price. Whew!! While I was in Nashville, I got to visit a local fabric store. Seeing bolts priced at $26 per yard was a shocker. I'm used to the single digits with a coupon on top of that!

So I headed straight to the sale rack.

Even on sale they weren't that cheap but I love what I found.  Since there's limited quantity and I paid a good price, I will be using these for custom orders.  That's where you all come in. What should I make?
It is so hard to find cute boy fabric! This one is a Japanese import. 100% cotton. It's got a cool textured feel. My ideas for this one is a boys jumper, a diaper bag, a pillow/decor for a nursery, or whatever you come up with.  Any ideas?
I think this one would make a great apron but I'm open for more suggestions.

And this could be anything!  I love the little birds and they're saying "peep". So cute.

If money grew on trees, I could have spent a fortune in this store. This rick rack selection alone was impressive.
They can grow an ear in a petri dish, transplant organs real and synthetic, but they haven't figured out how to make money grow on trees... so I had to limited myself to those 3 cuts of fabric. On sale.

I'd love to hear any ideas!

---------------------
Want to leave a comment or follow my blog but don't know how?
Read my post "Tips for my readers" to learn how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have to make me something!!--liz

Post a Comment